Terms & Conditions
- ‘Services’ means all Services provided by Sure Languages Limited to You.
- ‘Source Material’ means the document, file or works given to Sure Languages Limited by You in order to carry out the requested Services.
- ‘Translated Material’ means the document, file or works produced by Sure Languages Limited using the Source Material and instructions You provided.
- ‘Order Confirmation’ means communication from Us to You containing confirmation of the Services to be performed by Us.
- ‘You/Your/Customer’ means the person(s), company, organisation or firm who request and purchase Services from Us.
- ‘We/Us/Our’ means Sure Languages Limited, registered in England and Wales. Number: 06058494. Registered office and trading address: 4 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter EX1 1QT, United Kingdom. VAT Registration Number: GB 907 5429 15.
- Where reference is given to “writing” or “written”, this also includes email and facsimile communication.
- Where wording in these Terms and Conditions is singular form, the meaning shall include the plural and vice versa.
- All work carried out for the provision of Services between Us and Our Customers is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all Services provided by Us unless otherwise is agreed in writing by both Us and the Customer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall prevail in the event of any conflict between them and the Terms and Conditions, if any, in any communication from the Customer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
3. QUOTATIONS AND ORDERS
- Quotations are not binding on either party until We have provided You with Order Confirmation.
- Quotations should be taken as guidance only and are based on the information You provided describing the Source Material. We have the right to amend a quote if We feel that the Source Material differs from the description provided.
- Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of quotation.
- Order Confirmation may be provided by different means of communication, including facsimile, telephone and email.
- Upon requesting Services for the first time, We may, at Our discretion, require You to sign Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. However, You acknowledge that all requests for quotations and for provision of Services will be subject to these Terms and Conditions, whether there is or is not the presence of a signed Order Confirmation form.
4. SERVICES AND LIABILITY
- We have the right to refuse Services if We consider, at Our discretion, that the Source Material contains anything defamatory, obscene, illicit or libellous and We reserve the right to cancel Services for these reasons.
- We will use reasonable skill when selecting Translator or Interpreter sub-contractors for the provision of Services to You.
- You acknowledge that Additional Proofreading is an optional Service whereby Translated Material will be reviewed by an additional Translator, and that this does not guarantee that final Translated Material will be error-free.
- If You cancel or reduce in quantity the work or Services agreed in the Order Confirmation once We have started to provide the Services, the full amount shall remain payable by You, unless agreed in writing by Us.
- If You suspend, place on hold or request that We postpone work or Services agreed in the Order Confirmation, the quoted price, confirmed order value and delivery schedule will be subject to change, at Our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that Services provided by Us may be subject to stylistic and preferential terminology and We accept no liability for (or for the correction of) any errors, typing mistakes or formatting errors in the Source Material.
- We will accept no liability for loss (including, but not limited to loss of revenue, business and profits) or consequential losses, expenses or damages incurred whatsoever.
- In all cases, Our total liability to You shall not exceed the amount paid or is payable for the Services.
- If You have a claim relating to Services provided by Us, You must notify Us within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Translated Material or within seven (7) days of the last day of the Interpreting Assignment.
- You agree to indemnify Us against all damages, losses, penalties, costs and expenses of whatever nature which We may become liable as a result of Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. INTERPRETING SERVICES
- In order to allow for suitable preparation, any reference or Source Materials relating to the Interpreting Assignment must be provided to Us at least seven (7) days prior to the date Services are due to commence. We will accept no liability for any complaints, losses, damages or penalties as a result of not receiving Material within these timescales.
- When required to perform Services at Your or Third Party premises, You shall:
- provide access to the premises, required systems and other facilities which may be reasonably required by Us.
- ensure that all necessary health & safety measures are in place.
- allow Us adequate time for the installation and removal of any equipment and insuring such equipment in full.
- If an Interpreter sub-contractor is unable to perform the Services as a result of illness or other reason, We will take all reasonable measures to provide a suitable replacement in timely manner.
- If You cancel an Interpreting Assignment after it has been confirmed, You shall, at Our sole discretion, be liable to pay:
- 100% of the interpreting cost + pre-booked travel and accommodation costs if cancellation is less than seven (7) days before the start of the Interpreting Assignment.
- 50% of the interpreting cost + pre-booked travel and accommodation costs if cancellation is seven (7) to fourteen (14) days before the start of the Interpreting Assignment.
- if cancellation is more than fourteen (14) days before the start of the Interpreting Assignment, only pre-booked travel and accommodation costs will be payable.
- Unless agreed otherwise and confirmed in the Order Confirmation, Payment shall be made in full in Sterling by Bank Transfer or Cheque within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. Payment in USD or EUR (Wire Transfer only) must be agreed in advance.
- We reserve the right to apply an administration charge of £40.00 if payment is not received within the agreed timescales, which is thirty (30) days unless agreed otherwise and confirmed in writing.
- We reserve Our statutory right (under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002) to charge interest on all overdue balances at 8% above the published Bank of England Base Rate per month compounded until the payment is received in full.
- For large projects or long assignments, We may request periodic partial payments. If partial periodic payment is required, in all cases We will confirm it in writing in advance.
- We reserve the right to request that payment is made in advance before the provision of any Services.
- We will endeavour to deliver the Translated Material and any other Material to You in the manner agreed in the Order Confirmation.
- You acknowledge that a delivery date may be subject to change if You change the scope of any Services.
- We will keep a copy of the Translated Material for at least ninety (90) days, unless otherwise instructed, and can provide an additional copy upon request during this time.
- We will accept no liability for loss (including, but not limited to loss of revenue, business and profits) or consequential losses, expenses or damages incurred resulting from any delays.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- You agree to indemnify Us against all damages, loses, penalties, injury, costs and expenses of whatever nature which We may become liable as a result of the Services We have provided that infringe on any Intellectual Property Rights.
- We have the right to refuse Services if We consider, at Our discretion, that the Source Material or Translated Material infringes, or is likely to infringe, any Intellectual Property Rights.
- Following completion of Services for a period of twelve (12) months, You agree not contact, solicit, employ or use any employee or sub-contractor provided by Us to You for the provision of Services.
- We agree to treat information relating to Our Customers, Source Material and Translated Material in the strictest confidence and will not disclose such information to any third parties unless required to do so by law.
- You agree not to disclose any confidential information to any third party and will only make use of such information so that We are able to provide Services to You.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without prior written notice.